Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Winter Blues


Hi Family!
Go to the link below and play while you read.
 It will set the mood. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N33TIUGpxY&list=PL-aVCoKV6XpXPP26nzUvd4RqO6qBvG5kB&index=5
(I can't figure out how to make this open in a new tab automatically.
If you right click you have the option. You probably all already know that.)

I thought a little blues music would not be amiss
 on this greeeeey February day.
It is winter, people.
It is cold.
And gloomy.
It gets me at this time every year.
Blah!

This is a pretty uneventful week.
My only new thing is that I started playing handbells
at St. John's Lutheran church.
It is super fun, although I never suspected just how
uncoordinated I truly am. Haha!
I hope things go a little smoother tonight since
 it will be my second time.
I am excited to learn a new thing, especially a music thing.

Sam had an awesome band concert last night.
Really inspiring music!

Ooh, I made these delicious noodles yesterday.
Sooo good!
The sauce is kinda like the stuff they serve with potstickers.
I added a tiny bit of broccoli, carrots, 
and sliced, sweet, tiny peppers.
I also substituted sesame seeds for the oil, since
 I didn't have any,and crushed red peppers
 for the hot pepper oil.
I am seriously considering making it for lunch again.

We are excited to go see Sam's play on Thursday.
It is the public performance of the one act.
They are doing really well with it. 
Sam is happy to be a part of it.

Here is a gratuitous garden picture because I need to see green things.
That's about it.
Hope you are all well and safe and happy.
Love you tons! 
Mom

2 comments:

  1. That picture makes me want a gardEn even more. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete