(Here is your musical link for your
listening pleasure as you read.)
Hi All!
So today I deactivated my facebook.
We will see if I can stick to it or if I knuckle under
and go crawling back in a few days.
Here's the dealio:
It was making me feel bad.
About me,
my marriage,
my life,
my home,
our finances.
Way too much of my time and thought and energy
was going towards Facebook.
I decided that just wasn't very smart.
Why do something
ALL Of THE TIME
that is a waste of time and
that makes me feel bad?
I have been focusing out, and not in the
"how can I help and serve" way.
It was in the much less attractive "compare" way.
I need to put more focus on taking care of our home and family,
being the best me I can be,
setting a good example,
taking care of my body and my mind.
I have decided to just focus on doing the right things
and making sure that I am awesome.
Also, I need to hang with people that are truly my people.
Like the quote below says.
Those weirdos would be all of you, for sure.
There were so many people that, while
I wish them well, they really are more
acquaintances than friends.
I wouldn't necessarily choose to hang
out with them in my free time.
out with them in my free time.

Can I get an amen?
I have other priorities.
I feel a strange sense of relief.
It doesn't matter what kind of house anyone else has.
Or where they vacation.
Or any of the fancy things they do.
I mean, I am happy for people's good things,
make no mistake.
I just don't need to see them in such a way
that makes my stuff seem less.
I have been given an incredible family and I am given
blessing and experience miracles on a regular basis.
That's nothing to complain about!
So.
On to better things!
It was crazy rainy/sleety/snowy here today.
The windows look like the bumpy opaque church
windows from the sheet of ice on them.
I am cozy, warm and making delicious Onion Dill Bread
while listening to the choral stream.
Life is good.
Really good.
I hope that you are all having a fabulous day
and being the awesome people that you are
Love you!
Mom
PS I am so ridiculously excited to see The King's Singers!!!
I can hardly wait!
Send some bread through the share tube? Onion dill bread sounds SO GOOD.
ReplyDeleteI'm making some if you want to come to Rexburg! I have a concert on Friday!
ReplyDelete