I'm doing taxes! Hurray! And my bank/internet decided now was a good time to be slow. Oh well. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment having a private studio along with my regular job. Or I guess the regular job goes with the studio... Speaking of, I really need ideas or thoughts about my student going from Simply Music to traditional. I had THREE new students today and I have another on Wednesday. I also lost one. That's a confusing story. Ask me if you're interested. It's not really internet for-everyone-to-see material. I talked to Kris about it and she totally backed me up. So between Mom and Kris I feel a lot better. I have 13 students! Crammed into 2 days!
One of the mom's complimented me on my retro house. (I should try to put pictures on here sometime so it's easier to show people.) She thought it was awesome. Which made me feel great because I think all of us have this problem where we have to constantly change our houses to continue liking it...? And changing my house right now- "Ain't nobody got time for dat." So I've started to waiver slightly in my love.
I've decided since I have a couple more students, I'm going to be taking lessons from Kris weekly and I'm getting closer to having my own little women's choir of people who have experience and can sight read. Work has been boring since it's winter and I've realized my brain is really bored. When taxes are fun, you know you need to find something else to learn. Uh... That's All Folks!
-Kayla
I would transition her gradually, not all at once or she may become really frustrated. I would start with some playing by ear for 5-15 minutes, then go to traditional note reading. Gradually give less time to the ear playing and more time to note playing. Even of you are just doing scales (my students loved the chromatic scale- ie. seeing how fast they could go.) it will be familiar to her and feel successful. Love you! Your're awesome! Also, I am pumped that you are doing weekly lessons with Kris. Hurrah!
ReplyDeleteI want to hear! I just never know when to call you because you're super busy.
ReplyDeleteIt's a strange one Emma... haha
ReplyDelete