So I think starting up the blog again is a great idea and doing our own days is good too. I know that means that my day was yesterday, but Mia is driving all day today, so I'm sure she won't mind if I steal her day this week.
So...I moved to New Jersey. It's been weird and exciting. My first day I ate this bagel. It was probably the best bagel of my life. And they 100% did not skimp on the cream cheese.
Then Mia and Alex helped me move in all my stuff. It was super easy, even though I was super worried. Because I didn't turn in my immunizations. But it didn't matter!
Remember those immunizations? I got some last minute ones. Tetanus and meningitis. Basically the worst. Here are some pictures of the bruise I received from meningitis. The Tetanus didn't bruise but I have a huge red hot welt the size of my fist on my arm. Sorry, no pictures.
Yikes! AMIRITE?
Anyway, I got all most of my things put away, and in a home. Here are some pictures of my room:
It's really small, but it's pretty cute, and it's my own space. So that's all that really matters.
Today I decided I would study my theory stuff. To do that I wanted to print some things off because I do better with real paper. Lucky me, I have a printer! I thought it was all set up, only to discover, it wasn't. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I searched the printer brand website, I scoured printer forums, I even ventured onto Ask! yahoo. I attempted to set it up, but everything ended in failure. I went at this for 2 1/2 hours. I ate a bowl of cereal in the middle of it all-hoping that maybe a full stomach would help me think better. Then I had a thought! I looked up the owner's manual :) there it was, the solution in plain sight. Why did not websites or forum answers point me to the manual, I don't know, but once I found the manual, the printer was set up and ready to go in 2 minutes! At one point during all of this, I almost threw my computer and printer out the window. I live on the 5th floor though, so I restrained myself.
After figuring out all of this nonsense, and eating a super late lunch, I went to go practice. I live 1.5 miles from the music building, so it's a long walk. But that just means that I can hatch so many eggs on Pokemon Go! So I opened the app and walked down.
Once I got to the music building I got my horn out. I was the only one on that floor practicing (the building has 5 floors, 3 are just practice rooms and offices) It was nice but for some reason, I wasn't playing well. I was shaky and had a thin sound. I stopped myself. Took many deep breaths (man, taco breathing has saved me! Thanks Emma!) And I told myself that I DESERVE TO BE HERE! Dang it all! I didn't come here to compete with anyone, I didn't come here to be a mediocre player. I came to learn to be an astounding player. I came to compete with myself. And I auditioned and got in, and I deserve to be here, I deserve the best and nothing less.
After I had the serious conversation (yelling match?) with myself, I played much better. I played until I got tired and decided to walk home. I decided to go the long way to see if I could get any decent pokemon/stop and pokestops.
Also I took the long way to see if I could find a vending machine in any of the buildings. Because let me tell you, the water here is SO GROSS!!!! It smells and tastes like lake water. I'm not kidding. I asked my roommate if she thought it was gross, and she looked at me like I was crazy...but to be fair, she is from New Jersey, and not that far away...
Anyway, because the water is so gross, I haven't been drinking as much as I should. I was hoping to find a vending machine to buy a bottle of water. I wandered in and out of buildings, looking for something. And guess what I found? Nothing.
I went into the education building so find something, and I ran into the custodian. As I aimlessly wandered by her, she asked me in her black sassy city voice, "Are you lost?" I didn't know what to say. I said yes. I said I was looking for a vending machine. She then told me where the best one on campus was and how to get there. I was so grateful! So I moseyed over to the business building where she told me it was. I found it, I was so happy.
Then I walked home the rest of the way. I still had Pokemon open, to hatch eggs, catch Pokemon, ya know...when suddenly something brown and fast ran across the sidewalk right in front of me! Seriously, if they had been moving any slower, I would have ran into it. I looked up from my phone to see two deer!!!!!! It was crazy! By the time I shut down Pokemon and opened up my camera they were pretty far away-but i got these really bad pictures. You can see them sorta...
It's pretty crazy that I saw to deer! At least to me. I mean there are a ton of trees and forest-y areas around, but I'm so close to the city. Anyway, I was excited. There was a girl and who looked at me like I was crazy, but what are you gonna do?
I start school on Tuesday, which is also when I have my auditions. So wish me luck. I'm nervous, but mostly excited. It's going to be great.
K, bye.
Song of the day:







Great post!I love seeing your room and stuff. It all looks so nice!I miss your elephant palm. How's the bonsai? Hopefully it's bouncing back. Remember it lost some leaves when we transplanted it? I'm so glad that things have come together smoothly and that you like your roommates. I also like your song choice a lot, but they have the weirdest dang videos!
ReplyDelete