Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Big Changes In River City..er.. Buffalo


Hello, my lovely family.
It has been a crazy, busy, poor, kinda stressful, HOT, summer.
It has been a time of preparation for all of the many and varied
 bits of  transitioning  that our family is going through right now.
I am not looking forward to Winter, by any means,
but Fall?
Come on in!!!
I am so happy to welcome cooler weather,
and getting over the hump of hard things.
I was so hopeful that all of the struggles
and difficulties that everyone was
experiencing were going to lead
to really good things.
I am so incredibly happy that that seems
to be the case.
Hoo-rah!!!

I just have a couple of pictures of Kayla and Kerry's
visit because it was so very brief. 
Sorry there are more pictures of the grand cats than of the people. 
A-hem.


Green is really Smoky's color


Frank, ever elegant, checks out the onions


Lovely Kayla in her new dress, supervises the
 kitties during their outside foray.


So contemplative



"Help! I trapped!"




Kerry, also supervising the grandcats



So, just for posterity, let's have a list of  all 
of the changes in our world right now.

Kayla and Kerry
Moved across the country from Tetonia to Knoxville, Tenn.
Kayla starts grad school in opera performance

Emma and Evan
New baby- Oliver!
Gabe starts kindergarten

Mandy
Moved to NYC! (okay, New Jersey)
Started Grad school in horn performance

Mia 
Mia begins her last semester before student teaching
Gets engaged

Sam
Sam graduates from high school
Begins freshman year of college

Mom and Dad
Empty nesters for the first time in 28 years
Mom starts Pathways, the BYU-I online college program


What have I missed, Kids?
That is much change.
And it is exciting!

I propose that we go back to each having a day
 to blog per week, on the day that it was
 our turn to pray as you were growing up.
I know we all will be busy.
Even just a 
"Hi! I'm still alive."
will suffice.


I am so incredibly proud of all of you, 
of the choices you have made, 
of the people you have become.
I love you with all of my heart.

Love,
The Mom



Families can be together forever
Through Heavenly Father's plan
I always want to be with my own family
And the Lord has shown me how I can
The Lord has shown me how I can


1 comment: