Here is handsome Ollie.

I was thinking for a first Halloween he could be
1. Superman
2. Harry Potter
3. Prince Charming (I'll be going as a princess this year)
Votes?
Gabe and I made up a really fun game this morning. You roll the dice, and move the marble to sit on the Lego that many spaces away. When your marble gets all the way up the steps, you send it down the "water slide", and win. :) It was pretty fun. We used Legos, blocks, railroad tracks, marble shoot parts, Playdough (to keep things together), and dice.
Gabe and I made up a really fun game this morning. You roll the dice, and move the marble to sit on the Lego that many spaces away. When your marble gets all the way up the steps, you send it down the "water slide", and win. :) It was pretty fun. We used Legos, blocks, railroad tracks, marble shoot parts, Playdough (to keep things together), and dice.
Gabe is winning...
Henry was busy playing with Mr Potato head.
He was excited to show me the finished product.
His potato head has a yellow snash-snash today. ;)
Ollie was being Captain Hook. :)
Then we had to go drop Gabe off at school.
We went for a walk after dropping Gabe off. I'll admit I had slightly ulterior motives. I don't think the crossing guard likes me very much... This way home avoids the crossing guard, puts us in nature and takes 6 minutes longer. So... I guess it's a little silly, but Henry and I both enjoyed ourselves. It was a nice walk. :)
And just for fun, a little throw-back I found while I was working on getting pictures up.








I have to ask, why doesn't the cross guard like you?
ReplyDeleteI walk through his crosswalk four times a day, and Usually I would say hi, and other things just as a little small talk. I figured since I'll be seeing him four times a day until we move or Gabe goes to Jr high, I may as well get to know him. He always answered in curt, short answers, or just nodded his head, so I figured, he is probably just not a "small talk" kind of guy... I can appreciate that, so I started to just say thank you as I crossed.
DeleteYesterday, as if weeks of pent up frustration was coming out, he told me if I won't wait for him to tell me it's OK to cross, he's going to stop coming out altogether. It took me by surprise, so I just said, "oh, OK" cheerily, because I was in a good mood before that happened.
Then as a thought about it, I was confused. I waited until he was out in the road with the stop sign. I didn't realize there were rules to these things. I suppose he wanted me to wait for him to stop, and signal for me to cross. I hadn't even really thought about it before then.
Now I'm questioning my anti-small talk theory. I've heard him have short pleasant conversations with other people. ...so I'm wondering if he just thinks I'm an impatient rule-breaker. He is a very old man, and is hard to read... so now I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?
Oh my gosh!! I had to watch that video a couple times before I figured out what a snash snash is. Hahahaha!So excellent! They are just the cutest smartest little boys ever and I'm not even biased. At all. And Ollie is a really beautiful boy. He should probably be Prince charming. That marble game looks really fun! Love you all =D
ReplyDeleteOh hi, Mia. It appears we are here at the same time. And I wondered that too.
ReplyDelete