This is mostly going to be a photo dump of
our time as a family this August.
I sure love to see all of your cute faces in one place.
This is our weenie roast at the cabin.
The mosquitoes were fierce!
It was delicious
Check out the cool spider web we found.
I totally took a picture of the giant spider too
but I forgot to put it here.
Ollie is so adorable!
Gabe was obsessed with finding ALL the tiny toads
I think he ended up with 5? 7?
And one was red.
Very cool
Then we headed up north with a stop at the Veteran's Memorial.
Gotta practice our power poses
Love this boy!!!
We went out on Park Point to picnic
and let the little boys play for a while.
Henry and Pipa had a good time swinging.
The next stop was Canal Park
and the lift bridge.
Henry found a puddle and started jumping.
At first the older people around him were annoyed.
Then they noticed this tiny, adorable child
enjoying a puddle and were completely charmed.
Out on the pier.
Auntie Mia bought the boys some popcorn.
(And Mima got a slushie was that the best
one I ever had. No really.)
Then we drove and drove looking for a
good place to stop, hoping to make it to
Black Beach before we ran out of time.
We finally just stopped along the shore to play.
We walked a long way out on a sandbar where the
mouth of a river joined the lake.
It was really pretty and a fun adventure.
It was getting late and everyone was getting hungry
so we decided to build a fire and roast
the rest of the hotdogs and just eat what we had left.
We gathered a ton of driftwood and built a really
beautiful fire.It was also warm,
which was good, because the boys
were wet and cold.
I've decided I might like driftwood fires best of all.
They are just so pretty!
After everyone was fed and warm we
threw rocks for a while longer.
It is so magical at Lake Superior.
This cairn was at the parking lot where we were stopped.
Gabe thought it was a pretty good place to climb.
So, of course, so did Henry.
There were more family adventures to be had,
but this concludes today's installment.
I love you all so much!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment