SO I survived my first week! Here's how it went down:
Auditions-horrible
Orchestra-short (I only played in one piece)
Band-Super boring, but ok. Just easy music
Lesson- It was horrible, I cried, I was embarrassed.
First actual class-Boring, I swear, the prof has never taught a class in his life. He literaly scripted everything he was going to say (including transitions, corny jokes, and asides) and read from his paper. I thought I was going to die. 3 hours of this folks.
Horn class and ensemble-Good! Even though it's new people, and new place, and new teacher, the feel was very similar and that made me happy.
So there were a lot of unhappy times, there were some good ones too. Like Thursday after that super boring class, I practice for a long time and it was a really good practice. Also horn ensemble, I was so happy afterwards (ha that was only like hour ago so still happy :) ) There were moments of reminders that I do actually like doing this. Playing music with other people is where it's at. Solo stuff is the worst.
It's the weekend though :) and that is so happy. So an awkward thing happened today. I was talking to another horn player. And he put his hand on me. It was clearly a planned move. I was so uncomfortable. He does not have the moves. He is the classic horn player personality (if that means anything to you) Basically a big nope! He offered to drive me home after class, but I couldn't do it. Such awkward very wow!
I saw more deer a few days ago, that was cool.
I had other things to say, but I can't remember now that I'm writing everything down. So, I guess I'll leave with, I think things are going to be ok. There were a lot of tears this week, but it got better.
Oh yeah! Everyone here has been so nice to me. One day I was crying outside the music building and this guy came up to me and was like "are you ok? I saw you crying, just want to make sure you're ok" and gave me some Kleenex. It was so nice. And one time I was waiting for the shuttle, and it kept not coming and not coming and I was getting frustrated and didn't know what to do (I mean, I could have walked home, but it was sooooooooo hot!) One bus stopped (it was out of service, so just dropping people, not picking anyone up. ) I asked the bus driver if this bus would take me to the right place (I hadn't realized it was out of service) He said it was out of service, but then he asked me where I was going, I told him, and he let me on, and specifically dropped me off. It was so nice. So things have been good.
K, Bye, have a good week.
Song of the day: I love this whole album. (why yes, that is P!nk you hear!!!)
GOOD JOB! Week one pretty much sucked for me too despite passing my diagnostic tests. Not having a place to live will do that. You can do it! You're an awesome person, an awesome musician, and you are so good at picking yourself up and keeping trying. I've watched you do hard things so many times and if anybody can do it, you can. You picked the scariest, coolest route of any of us for our new family chapter. I'm really proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI second all of this!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAnd I love the song.
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about what you're doing, but I'm too tired to make an awesome comment. You're awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteoops, wrong account...
ReplyDeleteOooh! I like this song! Now I need to listen to the whole album. I'm glad things are going okay. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete