Sunday, September 11, 2016

I'm a blog bum

Well, I just read all your posts... Um we have had quite the whirlwind in our family. I was so happy to read your blog posts!!! So I thought I better put one up too. I'm FINALLY back in Rexburg. I had to yell that because our car broke down on the way. And it is no more. I'm pretty disappointed. It threw a rod I think? I can't remember what it was exactly but basically it would have cost a minimum of 850 dollars to fix. Literally every fluid in the car was spewing out the muffler. Honestly I had a premonition about it. You guys get those too right? Like you know when something is going to happen and you know you won't be able to do anything about it. I'm never sure if it's the Holy Ghost or the great Irish granny's second sight... maybe both haha!

Anyways, Alex was driving and it just stopped going and we pulled over. Alex looked under the hood, Britta called the local bishop and I sat in the front seat feeling like I might just go die in that field, because this is the second time this happened to me this summer. But a really nice man in the ward came in literally the biggest Ford excursion I've EVER seen. It was lifted and I had to literally jump and climb to get in it. He towed us into town, which would have cost us a million dollars, and called all the mechanics which were all full until WEDNESDAY!!! And he brought us home to his house. We then called around for salvage yards, and looked for a rental car. He drove us to pick up a rental car, offered us 200 dollars for the car, let us have dinner with there family (which was crazy because they had 7 KIDS!!!!), Bought us all ice cream sandwiches and let us sleep at their house. It was so sad and I'm so disappointed but we were so blessed.

But eventually we got here. Sorry for my crazy writing... I have none flow haha! I think its because I'm such a slow typer. But I'm now in Rexburg. Nervously about to start my last semester of college.

I loved hearing about your weeks through the blog!! Keep writing and I'll try to too. I love you guys and I pray for you every day!

Love, Mia


I woke up like this! (No, really bahaha, It's Sunday morning and church isnt till noon fifteen :( )
LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, Mia, I think you might have just met an angel who happens to have the most giant truck ever and has seven kids. It made me teary eyed to think about how much they were willing to give. I'm glad you guys made it to Rexburg. Does that nix the possibility of you guys coming down for conference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got there safe and so grateful for good people who are willing to serve others. It really stinks that sometimes even when we make good choices and do everything right that dumb, hard things still happen.I love you. You will do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can still come we'll just ride down with someone. And I think we'll stay at his grandparents house. So if we get down to Utah we'll definitely come see you.

    ReplyDelete