Thursday, September 22, 2016

Wirig update



Hi Family!

Some things that are going on at the Wirig household:
1. We are all getting over a cold.  It was awful and I was unable to teach at the primary training last Saturday.

2. Less recent:  Gabe is a kindergartner and he is awesome. :)  It's his "new"middle name (Gabe Awesome Wirig). Haha.  He has a fabulous teacher, and has made a lot of friends, but he has yet to play at the sand table.  The day it was finally the blue table's turn to play, the tables got switched around, and now he's at the red table.  He says he misses preschool.  I hope it's just a transitional thing.  Here is a picture of Gabe and Henry walking to school together.



The walk to and from the school is really nice.  We end up playing at the playground every day after school, and there are always 2-6 other families that we know hanging out there.  It's fun. :)  

Homework is a weird new thing.  Last week, his homework asked him to draw a picture of something that started with an "I".  He came up with the word "itchy", probably thinking of the Dr. Seuss book.  he drew a perfect arm and hand, then went on to draw a circle next to it.  He then explained to me, "that's his butt-cheek, mom"  I said, "You can't draw butt-cheeks on your homework!"  And as if this hadn't occurred to him, he drew a couple more lines and said, "that's his leg. " 

Gabe is also reading really well.  Tonight we were reading Curious George Goes Fishing, and Gabe read the entire last half of the book.  He needed some help on some words, but he's doing such a good job. :)  I'm so proud of him.  Here are some random snuggle pictures.




 Henry had a hard time picking up Gabe today.  I think he picked up my sleeping genes. haha.  He is doing a great job learning how to ride his tricycle.  He also knows how to work Google now.  Today he searched for snakes, owies, babies, and centipedes.  Giraffe is still important.  We lost him last week, and Henry was so sweet about it.  I thought it was as home, but we couldn't find it, so I offered him a substitute stuffed animal.  He took it, but later came out too sad, and and couldn't go to sleep without his giraffe.  We went on a search for a good hour.  During that hour, Henry said a prayer to find giraffe, and I wrote it down, so I'll record it here too.

"Heavenly Father, help silly ghost find giraffe.  Heavenly Father. Jees Kyst (Jesus Christ), Amen."

Shortly after that, Evan thought to look at the park.  Giraffe was so dirty, he blended right in with the rocks.  I'm grateful giraffe was found though.  Henry was so sad.
 Ollie is doing awesome.  He is moving around like a crazy.  He can't crawl, but somehow, he can make it from one side of the room to the next using some sort of inchworm/rolling technique.  He also has a tooth, with another one coming.  He still has massive amounts of hair that everyone comments on.  He likes tickle games and patty cake right now.  I used this picture for business stuff, but I liked it so much, I thought it could go here too.


Business stuff is going really well right now.  We are focusing on MLSP at the moment, which is a website that teaches online marketing, but we are also affiliates, so we can sell memberships to the website.  We have two trial members that will automatically go to mastery on Friday, and we have two more people seriously considering it.  This means we can help them learn how to market their own businesses, while at the same time make $100 a month for each member that we have brought in.  I'm pretty excited about it.  :)  I really like that in this industry, you have to be teaching and helping other people in order to be successful.  In my blessing, it talks about how teaching will play a pivotal role in my profession.  When I got it, I thought that it meant I would be a traditional teacher, but the more I counsel with Heavenly Father, the more I believe this is what He meant.  I'm meeting really amazing people online, and I'm really thankful for the direction I have been led in, even though it's really hard a lot of the time.

And... as a random ending, here's a selfie that I am very happy with. :) 


I love you all, and hope you're doing well!
-Emma

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I'm sorry your cold was so bad that you missed your primary training meeting. That stinks. Did everyone get it? Hopefully you are all doing better now. Thanks for the update. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! And the stories! And Man such aunt love very wow!!! I think I loved Henry's pray the most!!!

    ReplyDelete