Sunday, January 23, 2011

That's one rancid gummy bear

Evan
Well, it looks like all the kids are getting in on this deal. Might as well, seeing as this is a family blog. 

In any case, this is Evan and Emma here with some really exciting news! There's going to be another member of the family! We went to the doctor on Thursday and came out with this picture of a gummy bear growing inside my wife:
 

It's exciting. 

Emma
And sickening... for me at least. If you ever got a superpower, and your senses got enhanced or something like that that happens in cartoons, don't get an amazing sense of smell- or taste.  It's not happy.  Everything smells bad, even Evan.  

Evan
Gee...thanks...

Emma 
Sorry, you don't normally smell bad. 

Evan
Now you tell me.

Emma
Even though I'm sick pretty much all the time, I'm mostly really excited.  We're both really excited.  Although, this whole nausea thing is really cutting into the rest of my life.  My professors know what's going on --

Evan
Only because I made you e-mail them. 

Emma
But I am not doing so well in my classes right now.  For a while I called the baby "Baby" like that was the baby's name, because you don't want to say he or she, because we don't know.  Since Thursday, we've changed the name to Gummy Bear, since that's what size...

Evan
That's what size it is right now.

Emma
We can't call our baby an "it"!

Evan
That's what it is right now! We won't know the sex until at least 4 months in.

Emma
 Anyway, my body hates me right now.  Ok, I did not type that.  That was the part where I was hacking and coughing, and my stomach goes crazy.  Yuck.  I did say that though.  Evan just typed it for me.

Evan
Glad I could be of service.

Emma
Evan does lots of things for me lately.  Things like getting me juice, and soup, and the classic, holding my hair back while I'm puking.  It's very nice of him. :)  A friend of his brought over some homemade chicken noodle soup and some french bread.  It is delicious, and I'm glad Evan has such awesome friends.

Evan
So am I. Actually, I'm glad I made the connections I did back in 2005. Otherwise, I would never have met Emma and have the fun that I did, then and now. In any case, I think we've told the world enough of what's been going on with us. So I think we'll end it here. 

Take care everyone!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I like gummy bears :) Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gummy bears too! Yum! I mean, yay! Cause you wouldn't say yum to a person. That would just be weird. I'm so excited! His/her first pictures.
    Hope you feel better fast Em. And Evan, if you're holding her hair you're a champion. Cause nobody ever held my hair. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete