Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet Seventeen and Really Bad Singing

(Mia and Dad)











Maybe someday I will learn how to put the words in between the pictures. For now, they must come after. Hey, at least I figured how to load the pics, right?
Seventeen years ago today, at 6:35 in the morning I had a brand new sweet little girl. Look at her now. What a beautiful amazing talented girl! She's my right hand , I tell ya.  How did I get so lucky? Or blessed?
It was a crazy day today, because I worked, then shopped, then cleaned, then taught a piano lesson, then made cake (in a manner of speaking), then had birthday. Whew! Thank heavens for Mandy, who did the bulk of the b-day shopping. I just plain ran out of time. We hit the jackpot of clearance items. I suppose it's tacky to day that about presents, but hey!, we're on a budget over here.
A word of caution: watch video at your own risk. Tradition dictates that we sing as loudly and as badly as humanly possible. It's truly painful to hear. Don't say I didn't warn you. It's hard to believe we are singers all.

In other news, Mandy has a job interview with Jimmy Johns tomorrow. Yay! Here's hoping for employment.
I have so much more to say, but I need to go to bed so bad. So for now I close with the song I used to sing to the kids when they were little;(to the tune of the old Lawrence Welk song)
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.
If they do, eat a few, they don't know what they do.
And now that we're all in bed:
Go to sleep, don't say a peep, they're all in your head.

goodnight all! Kim

4 comments:

  1. Rats! For some reason the video didn't load. I'll load it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new dress pictures. haha Good faces Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are awesome! And you didn't seem to have any problems putting words between the pictures in the last post. I wonder what's different?

    P.S. Monty is part of my middle name. It's really Evan here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks,Evan! I'm getting more familiar with the blog system, so it's getting easier. I just had to learn what to do first.

    ReplyDelete