Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sick



I'm sick.  I've had a little bit of a cold all week, but this morning I woke up with so much gunk in my chest and throat that I couldn't speak.  Now I just have a super low bass voice.
It's really a shame too, because Hogle zoo was having a free day today, and we were going to go with all of the other moms and kids in our playgroup.  Then we were going to have a game night with some friends this evening.  It would have been a fun day, but I didn't want to infect the whole neighborhood.  Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow.  I have a relief society activity and volleyball tomorrow evening.

Life is happy right now.

Sure, we don't have a car or a computer, or any money... haha, but those things bring convenience,  not happiness.  For the first time in my life, outside of family, I feel like I belong.  We live in a fantastic ward and community.  These are my people.  Obviously no one is perfect, but I feel like this is how Heavenly Father wants us to live, and treat each other.  I wish I could tell you about each individual person, but I'm typing on my phone, and that would be highly impractical. Each of us is good at different things and has different view points, but we all try our hardest to use those things to help and love each other.  I think I have more friends in my life right now than I have in rest of my life put together.

Another thing that makes life so happy is being a wife and a mom.  I was made for this gig.  I don't think it detracts from who I am as an individual.  I think it only adds to it, and makes me better.  Yeah, there are hard times where I just want to hide from everyone, but I am so grateful for my family.  I love that I get to play with my boys all day.  I would have a really hard time if I had to leave for work.  I left gabe at a friends house for preschool on monday, and it was only 2 hours, but it felt so weird.  He loved it by the way.  I am just so grateful for all of the people in my life, including all of you!
Love you all!

Emma

3 comments:

  1. I like this everybody-posts-stuff better all of the time! I am sorry you are sick and hope you get better fast. It's hard to be sick when you're the mom. That is sure a great picture of the boys. They are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henny's several tooth grin is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete