Monday, January 26, 2015

Tuesdays to Mondays

Family!

Mom and I switched days since Mondays are way better than Tuesdays for me. I have a full lesson day on Mondays now! Two home-school kids and a full after school block. Which is exciting. I started one of my new students today (I have 4 including her starting in February) and I'm really excited about teaching her, but she started with Simply Music which is similar to Suzuki. So any thoughts about helping her and me switch to a more traditional approach without us getting discouraged would be wonderful. She's an adorable human- with a great F scale. Yay!

 Mia, Mandy and I went to The Pearl Fishers yesterday! It was great. It was so nice to enjoy professional level music. (And sit in a gorgeous theater to enjoy it.) It's a teeny cast and they did a really great job. I was a little surprised by the soprano's lack of coloratura, but her technique in her middle range was to die for. Gorgeous. I may have cried a couple times...
This is the picture they use for the Pearl Fishers on the Utah Opera website:
Here's the synopsis and more info on it:

There were so many old people. And half the old ladies had scarves draped around their shoulders. Much elegance!  So opera!   They greeted each other excitedly in the bathroom too. Haha! And one of the best moments of the whole day was when Mia and I were following this older couple to the parking garage when everything was done and the man (like in his 70s-80's) stopped in front of the line of cars trying to get out to the road and opened his coat like he was flashing everyone in the line. He made a face to go with it. It was hilarious.

We had delicious soup and bread from Emma after and... we didn't take any pictures. Oops! So here's one that gave me great delight that I found browsing the internet tonight. Isn't he cute!?
It was nice to see all my sisters. I hope your Monday was happy!

4 comments:

  1. ha! That was SO hilarious! Also... that lizard thing is quite cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so loving this peek into your worlds. Also the blog is just way more interesting with more contributors than just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really enjoyed hearing about the elegance at the opera. It sounds so wonderful. I long for a little of that.

    ReplyDelete