Friday, January 30, 2015

Tea Parties and patterned pants

How about that title huh? Did it pull you in??? That was the hope... if it didn't then obviously you don't feel as strongly about tea parties and patterned pants as I do, ha! So, this has been a pretty darn good week! Full of ups and downs, I took care of all the adult things, sent all the emails, showed people who's boss!! So lets see though, the two most important things I wanted to share on the blog were actually about, pants and parties! Surprise! So, I'll give the bad news first, Living in Rexburg is squashing my soul. Especially when it comes to clothes, I literally try on everything I own every morning and feel like no matter what I wear people are going to judge me... It's getting to be a real problem. Due to some conversations I have had with some squares: I have to come to the conclusion that people must really think, I am trying to get people to look at me. Because last night when I unwisely asked my roommates what they though of a skirt they seemed to imply that when you wear something that is snug in the bum you are obviously trying to get people to look at your bum? But, news flash for the world, I am not trying to get people to look at my bum, in fact I'm quite irritated when people look at my bum!!!! Fun clothes make me happy and stretchy clothes just happen to make me look fabulous! So, I am going to try to just embrace myself and my style because if I changed my style I feel like I would be going against my personality. Not that I ever would change my style but Rexburg sure makes it hard to live. Any ways, that's my rant, so if anyone in our family has comments on this small rant/struggle, I would love to hear them! Thanks for that! 

Now the good news is, Heather and I had a "Tea Party" today which actually means, we had lunch but it was SO good! She made homemade squash soup and I made Heavenly Honey oatmeal bread. 

It was quite the feast! It was so nice to talk to a normal human who doesn't have weird Mormon views on literally everything! We talked about all the things :) 


And P.S. Here is a link to an absolutely awesome website and a article I mostly agree with! If you're interested! http://www.beautyredefined.net/guys-guide-to-seeing-women-not-objects/

Oh! Also, one more thing, so as you know I am an ambitious lady and I recently found out BYU-I is taking 80 students to a nobel peace prize conference next fall. The only requirement is you have to have an idea how to make the world a better more awesome place. 


My roommate told me about i because all of the videos I watch, apparently she has noticed they all are surrounded around... the same things. Making people feel awesome, trying to make the world a better place, and well... feminism. ha! So, I want to come up with a plan. So be brainstorming! okay! Mia out! Love you family!




9 comments:

  1. Mia, you are awesome! Don't let anyone squash you. Or I will have to hunt them down. And then I would go to jail. Which would NOT be awesome. So. I believe you can and do make the world a better place. Pretty much all the people who have really made a difference in this world didn't fit the mainstream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, luch looks delicious! I think you may need to bake your bread slightly longer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all know that you feel more strongly about tea parties and patterned pants than all of us. I love those things about you. Don't let anyone squash you. We don't need another person in the world who blends. Blending is for cowards. You will leave Rexburg, and be proud of yourself for not caving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we all know you want to beat up people who dare to look at your bum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Thanks :) And I definitely need to cook my bread more! I made it in record time! And the soup was AMAZING, and I hate butternut squash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mean if your butt is fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could "like" your comment, Kayla.

    ReplyDelete