Sunday, April 12, 2015

all the Gifs...

Today was a pretty decent day.  First I laid in bed until noon because why not? it's Saturday.  After which I promptly got up because I had a sudden urge to bake all the things.  I made myself quiche (Yum!) and delicious oatmeal cookie bars.  Here is the recipe: 





Then I decided to apply for jobs :( But it has to be done.  This is how applying for jobs makes me feel:


I applied for two jobs though! One at Harriman High School.  It's a high school in Jordan district (the district I'm student teaching in now!)  It's a pretty new school and I think it could be good for me.  I also have a tiny "in" because I know people here-because I'm student teaching here.  I also applied for a job in Shoshone, Idaho.  It's about 25 miles north of twin falls.  It's a tiny little town-I'd be teaching all music in the district, K-12 band and choir.  But I'd be able to live in Twin Falls, which would be good.  I feel very accomplished for applying for these.  I plan on applying for 1 job every day this week.  And also I need to keep applying for jobs for this summer too :(

I did a dumb thing...Panic! at the Disco is coming to Salt Lake the first week of May, and I bought tickets.  Because: reasons. But really, the tickets were so cheap! so I just did it.  I'm super stoked!  I can barely even handle how excited I am.

Tonight I decided to show my roommate a little of my world.  I invited her to go to the Utah symphony.  They were playing Debussy's Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun and Ravel's Daphnis et Chloe.  Which were both pretty safe pieces-she has never been to any kind of orchestra performance-literally she has never experienced any culture, she was very uncomfortable.  I also made her sit through the pre-concert lecture about the pieces.  Poor girl, she made it through though.  However, I got there and forgot that they were also playing a Stravinsky piece.  Stravinsky is not for a beginner listener.  She struggled through it.  Ha! It was such an amazing piece!  I told her a little bit about Stravinsky, and the riot that happened at the premier of the Rite of Spring, but it wasn't enough to prep her for a Stravinsky Symphony...I told her I wouldn't bring her to the opera next month, because that is Stravinsky.  I imagine this is how she felt about listening to Stravinsky...



Anyways...It was a good and relaxing day.

Mandy out! Peace.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't ever seen anything from The Rake's Progress! I don't know if I would like 3 hours of Stravinsky, but I kind of want to try just to say I did... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were your bars? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete