Saturday, April 29, 2017

A photo dump of the last 2ish months




These pictures are from my birthday! We went to the brooklyn botanical gardens and the Brooklyn Flea market.  It was awesome, there were so many fun things.  We also went to Korean Karaoke with a bunch of friends! We literally rented a room for three hours to ourselves and sang karaoke. It was fun.






These braids turned out so well, I was very impressed with my skills.
These next bunch are from an adventure I went on with Kelci.  I posted them on facebook, but it doesn't hurt to see them again.


 Ramen is all the rage here, and for good reason.  It is so delicious!!!!! This was a beef ramen with some other things in it. I could eat it forever.



 This was an amazing used bookstore nearby, the books are stacked for miles.  It is a pretty cool place to be.  Mom would love it.  The next picture is the car that Kelci showed up it.  Her and her boyfriend work at Mercedes.  He is a manager and they give him a different car to drive every two weeks or so.  It was so fun to ride in and drive.  Kelci let me drive it.  It was amazing!  I loved it.  It is the most expensive thing I will probably ever drive.





These next pictures are from a gig I played.  I got to play in the hall that the NJ symphony plays in, the equivelent to Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis.  It was beautiful! and Awesome!  I actually played in the group right before NJSO so I got to be back stage with all the professionals.  I got paid 75$ to play 5 minutes in one piece.  Easiest 75$ I ever made!



 The rest of these are just random pictures that I like.

We were adventuring to the roof of the business building.  It was late, Wes felt creeped out standing in the hallway by himself so he came in the bathroom with us.

The easter eggs my friend and I made on Easter, mine on the row on the right.

Our Easter hike, it was 87 degrees

I was feeling particularly sassy this day

This was from my adventure into the city last Saturday, we waiting for the subway.  This was my "proof I'm not in the city alone" picture for The Mom.

We wanted to go see the Charging Bull statue.  We took the subway and this is where we got out.  It was beautiful and amazing.  I know it has a name, but I don't remember what it was, but the geometric architecture was super cool.

This on the twin towers memorial.  It was pretty sobering.  We didn't go in the museum, but we stood here and looked around for a while.


These guys were right by the twin towers memorial.  They were building a sand sculpture, in the rain I might add! Ok it was just a drizzle.  It would have been cool to see the finished thing.

The bull
 Did you know that the bull actually is technically "vandalism"  that's the wrong word, but I don't know the right one.  The artist created it completely with his own money and materials.  He installed it himself in the street without permission.  The city originally wanted him to move it, but the citizens loved it and it stays.  It belongs to the artist and he can technically bring it home with anytime.  And the girl is cool, but she was a commissioned piece.  I don't remember the whole story, but because of who the company that commissioned it, she doesn't represent defiance as much as everyone would like to believe.  I read an article about it.  If requested I will find it.  The bull originally represented what people want the girl to represent, the world just forgot.


and the girl that was added just a few months ago.



We went to The Strand, a super famous bookstore in Manhattan.  It was GINORMOUS!  This was the farthest back corner in the basement.  It was the only section without anyone in it.  It was the section on Law. 


The rest of these are taken from my snapchat.  Snapchat deletes pictures in 24 hours, but I save the ones I particularly like.  These are all basically selfies, so if you don't want to see ridiculous selfies I understand.  Some of them are the wrong way and I couldn't figure out/was too lazy to turn them the right way...sorry.









These last two are from when we went on tour to Atlantic City.  We stopped at a couple high schools and played for them. My awesome studio.



3 comments:

  1. I love your photos and I want to eat ramen and I want to go to the bookstore. And I love that bonsai with all the bloom. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bookstore looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that picture of you with no make up and headphones.

    ReplyDelete