Thursday, February 9, 2017

Adventure Time

Hi Fam!
Guess what? They cancelled school!!!! It's a amazing! I have no idea how much it has snowed, but it's supposed to snow somewhere between 5-10 inches.  They cancelled school before it had even started snowing! It's pretty ridiculous, but I'm not complaining. So let me update you on my life the past month.

I'm doing the pit for West Side Story! I'm soo happy to be doing it, but sometimes rehearsal gets long and I want to fall asleep because it's been 3 1/2 hours and so late at night... Here are two pictures of me...the one in the right is of Rebecca and I going to rehearsal.  She is the other horn player in the show.  She is only a sophomore, but she's cool.  I like her.  Also I like that picture.  Also I really like taking selfies in that elevator. The door is a mirror, and I have a new love of selfie taking...

I don't remember when or where the picture on the left was taken, but I like it.  So I put it on here :)


 I played in a recital the first or second weekend of school.  It was for a conducting master's recital.  I was really happy to play in it.  It was fun good music and they specifically asked me to do it.  Dr. McCauley is the director of bands here and he totally has my back.  It's fantastic.  Anytime someone goes to him looking for a horn player, he sends them to me.  I am so grateful for him.  He is also the guy conducting for West Side Story, which is why I got in on that.  It's nice, because my private lessons teacher favors other other grad horn student (who drives me crazy, and also sexually harasses the other girls in the music department.  I get left alone because I have a boyfriend. Lucky me :/ ).  But Dr. McCauley favors me, and I'll take it because he has lot's of connections!  The picture below is from that recital.  It's one I post on Instagram, but I really love it.  My hair and makeup were on point!  It was also awesome, because after the recital, everyone who played went out with the tab on the guy who's recital it was.  Free appetizers all night :) Yes, I took advantage of that hardcore.  Everyone else took advantage of the fact the he was paying for their drinks, and I was just like, MOZZARELLA STICKS!


These next three pictures are showcasing my hair.  I don't think I have ever had hair this long, and if I have, it's been a looooooooooooong time.  So I spend a lot of time taking pictures of it.  Because it makes me happy.










Right before the semester started again, Mike and I went on an adventure to the city, aka NYC.  We took the train.  Mike is super NOT PHOTOGENIC.  Which is most unfortunate.  I always be trying to get a picture of us, but they always turn out bad.  The one on the left is ok, but not great.  I told him to take a silly face for the next one and we got this one.  It's horrible of me, I gotta work on my silly faces clearly, but I think it's the only time that took a picture and we intended to have it turn out that way...

                                  

So this adventure took us to Central Park and the Museum of Natural History.  Also a delicious burger place. So here are some pictures of that day.  It was super fun.

This is Central Park.
This was the museum.  I told Mike that if this guy was still
alive, I would make him my steed, and I would cover his shell
in Christmas lights.  Mike was unconvinced.
  
This is a piece of the largest meteor to ever fall on the earth.  It is like
40 tons or something (Ok, I pulled that number out of my head. truthfully
I don't remember)

Another of my Valiant Steed.
Central Park.  Mike wouldn't climb on the rocks with me because
he didn't want to get his new shoes muddy.  I can respect that,
they were brand new and beautiful, so he took pictures instead.

Here's one I took of Mike from the rock...See the mud? I can't blame him
for not wanting to ruin his shoes.
This was our burger place.  We split a milkshake.  At this point my phone
was on the fritz so that's not awesome. But it was a good milkshake.
Also, Mike and his inability to take a picture.

My burger was SOOOOOOOOO good! It had bacon, blue cheese, pickles,
and some chipotle mayo sauce stuff.  It sounds like a weird combo, but it
was one of the best burgers I've ever had.  10/10 would go again.  10/10 would
recommend.  Too bad it was some hole in the wall and I don't remember what it
was called.  It's a weird thing, but I am 100% in love with blue cheese lately.
I basically want it all the time on EVERYTHING!




 I'm super excited next time I go to the city I'm going to go three places.  First the Steinhardt Conservatory! It's like the Como Conservatory, but in Brooklyn!  And then I'm going to stop at this place called DO (dough), because, YUM!!!! And then I'm going to end the night at New York Philharmonic and listen to them play Mahler 1.  It's going to be a good day :)

That's what I have for you.  Just living life.  Most days are rote and boring, and I have to work hard all the time, but occasionally I get to do something fun. :)  


5 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! I love that we are all posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of your pictures, Mandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turtle, though!!Also, Central Park is beautiful. Also, you have fabulous hair. I too love seeing everybody's stuff. Happy! Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I know I already commented, but I forgot to say that in that second picture of the two of you, it looks like Mike is working on his smoulder. Ha!

    ReplyDelete