Hi Guys!
| Pelican Lake |
Things are rolling along here at home.
Dad trimmed that ridiculous tree out front.
I made my yummy squash soup.
I got to go out to lunch and shopping with a friend,
which I haven't done in forever. It was super fun!
And we went to Layne Bryant, which is a store
for "the full figured woman" (ha!)
and I was so skinny there!
I had to go down a pant size.
| Pelican Lake |
Spring is springing.
The ice has gone out on the lake.
Twice. For real.
I am hearing birdies in the morning
which is my favorite!
Dad and I took a drive one day so I could
get my nature fix.
Other days we have gone for hikes.
Also my favorite.
| Pelican Lake |
Dad is working to get his boiler's license.
It will help him at the job he is at now, but
it will also help him to get a better job.
I'm working like a crazy on the music for Easter,
which is both aggravating and such a pleasure!
It feels so good to be doing music again!
It's also a bit unnerving because I feel rusty.
The only way to get good again,
though, is to just do it.
I'm running on the
"fake it til you make it"
theory.
| Pelican Lake |
This ^^^ is what the lake looked and
sounded like this morning.
It sounded like tiny pieces of glass tinkling together
and kind of squeaking and moaning with the wind.
So, I think for Easter I am going to make yummy
food on the Saturday, and then Sunday after
Sacrament meeting we will drive down to Mankato
to see Sam and have a picnic.
He can't really come home because he doesn't have
Monday off and he has a show Saturday night.
What are you all doing?
| By Pelican Lake |
I came across this video (below) and really liked it.
I know it's trendy, or whatever, but I feel like she
has some really good points as far as
getting ourselves ready for general conference.
It's a couple of my very favorite weekends of the year.
I love the teaching.
I love the uplift.
I love staying home in my jammies
Whelp,
That's about it.
Life.
Choir.
Work.
Handbells.
Church.
Hike
Skype with Henry.
Repeat.
How about you?
Love you like a crazy!
The Mom
| Pelican Lake |
PS
Funny true story: I like to put
a poem up here sometimes and thought
of this one.
I remember Grandpa reciting this poem and telling
me it was one he had to memorize in "gradeschool"
(elementary school).
What I DON'T remember is all the talk about
breasts.
What???
Or is it just me?
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
| Bertram Chain of Lakes |
I hadn't actually made any plans for Easter yet. I am really excited for conference though. I loved that video. Also, we're going camping with some friends in April! I'm so excited! Evan keeps trying to talk me out of it, or go from two nights to one night... Sorry Evan...
ReplyDeleteTell him the second night is easier. Sleeping on the ground takes some getting used to.
ReplyDelete