Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Middle School *shudders

Okay just kidding. Middle school isn't THAT bad. But sometimes I come home exasperated. Kayla's post inspired me but also bummed me out. I am such a passionate human being and one thing I'm passionate about is singing and music. And lets be honest... opera is the best kind of singing and a... (pardon me while I put on my music snob spectacles) one of the best genres of music. It's so incredible what people can do with their own tiny tiny cords and face and mouth and lungs and stuff!!!!! Middle school singing is, pretty underwhelming for me. I feel like a glorified babysitter most of the time. Although today my eighth grade choir was on fire!! When they all sing the same vowel they sound amazing!!! We were very excited. Over all my student teaching is going really well. Next week I will be half way. I am actually really loving band too, although my dislike of saxophones has grown. Of course I would never tell them that ;) There are a lot of things I really do enjoy about being a teacher. When students see me in the hallways and say "Mrs. Gruber!!!!!" It makes my whole self just feel so awesome. When they are excited to see me or we make really good progress, it makes me feel so great and like I'm making a difference. I don't know if I'll teach forever but it is a great start. I'm doing well and missing the fam! Alex and I are pretty boring. Haha, he has three part time jobs on campus and has loads of homework and I come home completely exhausted every day. We've been watching a lot of parks and rec. It's a hilarious show. We also cook delicious dinners most nights... We LOVE to cook together. I hope you're all doing well and pray for you all every day! Love you!

p.s. guess what calling I just got...

yep. Ward choir director :'D Claaaaaasic

Here's a picture of us being weird and boring.

4 comments:

  1. Claaaasic. I'm primary chorister. Ha! I LOVE teaching middle school music. They're trying brand new things and if you teach them something they didn't know, they get all quiet and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it too! Just... not the kids who don't want to be there... they make me so very angry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're happy, Mia. :)

    ReplyDelete