Hello again, Famiry!
Here are some pictures of The 4th of July
and surrounding days.
Don't pin me down to what happened which day,
because that would be impossible.
More lake loveliness.
Having a bonfire.
Sam being silly.
And suave.
The Dad, in pre haircut mode.
Delicious brats about to be consumed.
Hi!
And on to the strawberries.
I have not had to pick alone EVER before in my
adult life. It was very sad that I had no awesome
children to accompany me this year.
Sam was hard at work with Dad.
I went to the Berry Basket in Monticello because
Fairhaven Farm quit selling strawberries.
Sad day.
Anyhoo,
Sam was here to help me clean them.
He was so excited!
They were delicious and made much jam.
We decided NOT to go to fancy fireworks.
We didn't want to fight the crowds.
Plus we always see good fireworks right here
during Buffalo Days.
Dad and Sam went to Walmart and just bought
a pack with a few things in it.
See your brother, pyro extraordinaire?
It was fun.
Although the mosquitoes just about carried me
away while I watched him light these off.
They were fierce!
It was fun too, that our neighbors down the alley
were also setting off fireworks at the same time.
They had some bottle rockets and roman candles.
Can you say illegal?
They were very nice, though, and invited
us down to hang with them.
It was great to meet some neighbors.
This is a weird moving exposure,
but I really liked all of the light in it.
Sam did a good job. It was chill and easy and
he really liked setting them off himself.
I hope you had something fun to do too.
Love you,
Mom
Looks fun! My favorite is Sam's "excited for strawberries" face. There are some cool fireworks pics too. We didn't go anywhere either. Its just to hard for Gabe and Henry to stay up that late.
ReplyDelete