Saturday, August 2, 2014

Idaho Visit Part 1



Hello, The Family!
Here I am at home, once again, after our swell
soiree out in the lovely land of Idaho. 
(I so do love alliteration.)
As you all know, I am having a bit of a fuzzy-brain
problem. So. Here are a bunch of real nice pictures
of our trip out to see you. It is fair to say that I 
have little idea of where most of these pictures
were taken. It was pretty. I had fun. Etc...


We stopped to see Sammy on our way.
It was really funny. Dad and I parked in the
parking lot and headed for the dining lodge. As we strolled
up we heard a booming Sam voice say, "Hey! Is
that my mom? What are my parents doing here?"


We stayed and visited during his lunch break. It was so
good to see him and he was equally glad to see us.
I sure love that boy! We brought him some snacks
and quarters for the laundry. 


He is getting to be way too grown up.
Look at that cute face!
All too soon it was time for him to get back to 
work, so we hugged and headed out.

We were famished and stopped at a Perkins
 for lunch. The weirdest thing happened there.
When I was a trying-to-be-cool teenager in the 1980s I 
listened to a very alternative band called Bronski Beat.
I never heard any of their music on the radio. Ever.
Until I was in a Perkins restaurant, in northern Minnesota,
in 2014. And oddly, there it was: Bronski Beat, wailing 
out, "Can you tell me why?"
Bizarre!


We stopped to sleep in the gracious 
(I use that word very loosely) 
accommodations of ye olde Walmart parking lot. We put
the air mattress in the back of Wayne-Daryl, pulled the shades,
and got comfy. We even had my wind up alarm clock from home.
Surprisingly cozy!
Next morning we breakfasted on McDonald's, and resumed
driving. This wayside rest was one of our first stops. We
got out and walked the paths several times to give my
back some respite from sitting. After a while Dad went to
read the visitor info, and I grabbed my camera to take
some pictures. I was bopping along until I saw this:


and stopped dead in my tracks. 
Yikes!!!
And then I resumed, because we had already walked
all over without seeing any snakes. 
Ugh! Blech! Shudder!
Snakes freak me out.

Then we drove a looooooong time.
And it must have been boring.
Or I slept?
I don't know. What I do know is that there are no pictures.
Oh wait! We stopped at a really great little place in Bozeman
for lunch and had a gorgeous salad, brick oven pizza, 
and some super delicious beverages. It was such a hipster
place and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Haha!
And then we were past Bozeman and into the pretty
part of the drive. This is one of many stops.




The Mom/Dad selfie.
We were alone. What else could we do?




Wayne-Daryl wanted a pic with the pretty scenery too.

Before we knew it we had phone service and a pile 
of texts from all the people.
We tried to surprise Mandy and Mia, to no avail.
They were in the library studying like good girls.
 (finals week for those who don't know) 
 We ended up having to text M and M, got excitedly 
together, and the fun began! We visited for a while and 
then headed out to Kayla and Kerry's house.

And that concludes today's portion of our vacation
story. Join us next time and see what further
fun Ross and Kim enjoy on their journey!

Until next time....
Love,
The Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment