Here we resume the tale of our Idaho trip.
It was white glove, so we helped M and M clean out their
apartments. We were done with Mandy's and
hard at work on Mia's, when Emma
and Evan and the boys arrived. Hurrah!
I do believe Mandy was getting ready for her recital here
The Dad and The Henry
Gabe and Mia playing with sidewalk chalk.
Getting ready. Is that dress not magnificent?!
On to the recital. I am sorry these are so yellow.
That is just how the lighting was in the recital hall.
Also, I confess, I did not try to do any editing.
These are the befores
This is Sister Skinner, Mandy's friend
and accompanist extraordinaire.
These are the after pictures.
Mandy with Brother Klein
Mandy and Mary
Beautiful Mandy and the lovely Chelsea enjoying the aftermath of the wildly successful recital. It was really awesome!
And here they are again in a more, uh, natural state.
Fabulous, am I right?
Here are the marvelous Haggen Sisters
I confess, they are my favorite.
I also love that they are all barefoot.
Add in the rest of the family
and it looks like a party.
Except for our Sam, who is working at scout
camp and missed the whole party.
Mandy and Kayla, who performed
a horn/voice duet that made my
hair stand on end. I was pretty proud of myself for not bawling my head off. I came close a couple of times and sucked it up and held it together. Oof!
Close up! Look at the eyes on these girls!
I think the above picture might be my favorite.
Beautiful Mandy and her horn
Please ignore the fact that I look bald where
my hair is grey. Gah!
I just ran out of time for coloring it. Gross!
After the recital we went to the nature park and had a picnic.
Gabe had a good time climbing.
Note to self: never smile with your mouth shut. So not attractive!
Poor Kerry was stuck grilling with pine tree sticks because I forgot utensils. Haha. He did a great job with it
The Gabe, being a cutie
Classic Dad
Also classic
And then I saw this. My heart just about
exploded with the cuteness and sweetness.
Gabe really liked feeding bread to the ducks.
I have no idea what we are doing here.
What are you showing to me?
Do you remember Emma? Evan?
And then we were tired and it was time to head back to Tetonia.
The skies were glorious and I had to take a couple of pictures. Gorgeous!
Dad was driving like a maniac, going super fast. I told him he better slow down because it was dusk and something might jump out in front of us. He slowed down a lot. Not a quarter of a mile later this guy crossed the road right in front of us. He stood in the ditch for a bit so we could enjoy him. Very thoughtful!
He is fuzzy because it was quite dark at this point and I had to zoom.
I don't even care. It was just so cool to see him.
This brings us to the end of today's portion of our journey.
More fun and frolics are to be had.
To see more, tune in next time.
Until then,
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment