Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Feeling Poetic



Hi all,
I hope you had a lovely Memorial weekend. 
We did. We got the garden mostly in, went for walks, watched movies, 
ate delicious things, slept in, had a bonfire, and generally relaxed and
enjoyed ourselves. It was pretty great. In fact, it was so great that
 I didn't take a ton of pictures. Haha. Sorry. I know you come here to see pics of the
 family and lovely Minnesota. Here are a few, though. In any case, Dad and I have
 been doing a lot of walking. It is one of the things that I can do without gross pain. 
Not to mention, losing weight and getting into shape is a good thing 
for everyone. When we walked on Monday evening it was so  beautiful.
It inspired my latest poem. I hope you can see some 
of the beauty through my words. I put it down at the way end.



Apple blossoms





Dad using his manly muscles to till the garden.












And Sam, using his 
manly muscles to mow.
(Gee I love alliteration)





My sweet little birdhouse. A pair of sparrows is nesting. So cute!



 The Luna Cat






Hangin' by the fire 






                       Some of the garden


 I know Dad's eyes are shut, but it was so cute of Sam...



The view out my bedroom window. Hence the screen.



Sherburne County wildlife Refuge. Ann lake.


WALKING OUT ON A RAINY EVENING

Gentle rain falls on apple blossom streets.
Mist rises and the air is sweet 
with flowering trees.
We walk, fingers touching,
Laughing with memories of
Long ago rain walks.

We marvel at the vibrance of purple lilacs,
The fragrance of white, 
the myriad greens all around.
Drops splash the surface
Of the lake creating 
Circles in circles in circles.

An anchored sailboat keeps a 
Quiet rhythm with the waves, and
Points to the grey, falling skies.
Still we walk, rain tickling 
Our scalps, feeling childlike
Joy in our showery adventure.

Until the dusky clouds burst open,
Rain is in our eyes, and
The breeze gains an unexpected chill.
And we are once again adults
Hurrying home after walking
Out on a rainy evening.
                      -Kimberly Haggen


Love you tons and can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And your poem is great! I think my favorite picture was of our cute kitty cat though. I love her!!!

    ReplyDelete