Thursday, May 22, 2014

Maiden Kayak Voyage



It was the first really warm day, and it was glorious.
We might have even hit 80 degrees!
We decided to take the kayaks to 
Buffalo Lake that evening.


The Dad


King's House is on this point.


Jill brought her Kayak and came along too.


Close up of King's House.






Dad and I being goofy.



Happy Dad.


The steps by the library.
I thought they looked really neat from the water. 
Also, notice that there is not much beach!


Heading in.
We were sad to quit.
 It felt like heaven gliding along like loons.



But then we got to watch this.



I think we might just live in paradise.



Come home and play with me!

The waves are whispering.
Leaf buds nod to the breeze and
Chilly air gives way to the
Warming, glowing sun.

Pelicans play above, The black of their wings
Making patterns in the sky and
Songbirds exclaim
Their joy to the air.

Yes, the waves are whispering.
Spring has come.
Perhaps, this time, to stay.
                                   -Kimberly Haggen

1 comment: