There has been quite a bit going on the past few weeks. First, Kayla had her recital, and everyone came to Rexburg to visit. It was really fun, but Mom mostly covered that. Right after everybody left, our little family packed up and drove to San Diego. It was a long, messy drive.
Yes, he has green beans all over his face. We cleaned him up though!
Gabe was really miserable with all of the elevation changes, but once we got there he was really happy all week!
Now, here are some adorable "Gabe" pictures we took in San Diego. Enjoy.
He was tired by the end of the week. Sorry we don't have any Disneyland pictures! We were having so much fun we forgot to take any!
When we got home, Evan had to start school, and I had to get Gabe back on his schedule.
Here is Gabe playing with his toys:
Playing the guitar
Mandy came over, and we made some delicious cupcakes. It's Meringue Frosting on a chocolate cupcake, dipped in chocolate chips. We tried to eat it right after making it, and it was way too much. They were really rich, but after they had frozen, they were delicious.
| http://www.marthastewart.com/258067/hi-hat-cupcakes |
Saturday night, Kayla came over, and we made some homemade pizza and a baguette with fancy cheese and cucumbers. Am I making you hungry yet?
I'm so excited that it's spring, and now that I don't have school, I get to do fun things like grow things and be crafty. :)
Here is my garden right after planting it! I was really excited. We had a heat wave, and it was 84 degrees that day. Unfortunately, it snowed today. Can Rexburg just make up its mind? I hope my garden is OK.
Broccoli, peppers, and tomatoes
Strawberries
Pretty perennials in front of my house! They bloomed today... in the snow.
Mandy, Gabe, and I sitting in my front yard earlier this week:
Gabe is playing with a dandelion. I wanted to show the flower in the pictures, but he was more concerned with crushing the flower in his fist, and examining the stem.
Gabe's silly face. He just started making this face. I don't know if he's just experimenting, or if it has something to do with his teeth coming in.
We did some recording, so we could send it to Grandpa. We've gotten four songs recorded: In the Highways, Fly Away, No One Stands Alone, and In The Old Churchyard. Hopefully we can get more done on Sunday.
These are some birdie ideas for mom's book. The yellow one is the mama bird, and the blue one is the daddy bird. I like the yellow one better. I made the daddy bird's eye too big. So, what are your opinions? What would you change? I made more birdies, but these ones turned out the best. The other ones either looked too lifelike, or too messy. I kind of like everyone being a different color bird, but if you (mom) want more natural tones, we could do that too.
I just put Gabe down to bed, and next I think I'll attempt asparagus soup. Hopefully it will turn out OK. I love you all!
-Emma














Look at that cute boy! Oh man I need to post something soon. Pictures are so much pressure... haha.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so happy to have someone post besides me. Talk about pressure! Love all of the Gabe pics, and love to see snaps of you girls too. It makes me so happy that you get together and sing and cook and enjoy each other. That's how I always pictured it would be when you grew up.
ReplyDeleteLove the birdies,Em. Man, Dad and I clearly need to go on a diet! We are some round birdies-Haha. Do I look sad? I Like Dad's hair. I am excited to see Dad and I with the kid birds- ya know, the family view.Love you-