Oh my goodness it is a gray day. And a gray week. At least the temperature is rising, right?
And the birds are singing. I love to hear the birds so much! Luna keeps crying to go out because
she hears the birds. This is the view out the back door. I know. I seriously need to clean my
yard. It was raining so hard I didn't want to go out to take pictures.
I've felt dry as a bone about posting. I have thought of it often. I need to add an
anniversary, a birthday, and a family day out, complete with pictures. Though my
brain has been whirling, when it came time to write I have felt very still inside.
Check this out: This is a jug of maple tree sap. And there's more where that came from!
We only have the two big maples, and the one was damaged by lightening, so we just
tapped the other. I'm so excited to cook it down and eat it on pancakes. Yum!
Look! Grass. And mucho mud. Wear your puddle jumpers if you're coming to
my house.
It is my plan to show up here with much more frequency in the future.
Bear with me as I juggle life.
I think I forgot to look at the good stuff for a little while.
Here's a poem that I really love, and that seems timely. It is by Eleanora Duse.
If the sight of the blue skies fill you with joy,
If a blade of grass springing up in the fields has the power to move you,
If the simple things in nature have a message you understand,
Rejoice, for your soul is alive.
Love, Kim
Yay! You posted! I miss Minnesota. I want visit, and I loved seeing the pictures, even though it is really wet and muddy. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to the trampoline? Did you take it down for the winter? I loved the poem :) And I would cry to go outside because I heard birds too. Poor Luna!
ReplyDeleteAlso, MAPLE SYRUP?!?!?!? I want some dang it... haha I don't think have maple trees here unless someone specifically wanted to plant one. I think it would be illegal to find one on campus and just start tapping it...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we took the tramp down for the winter. It can get wrecked (stretched) from the snow.
ReplyDeleteWe are up to 5 gallons of maple sap! Woot! Too bad it has a 40:1 ratio when you cook it down. I'll be happy if we get a couple of breakfasts out of it. Still, it's been a really fun project.