Hello Family, I hope you're all doing well. I for one am really struggling. I can't find a job and I've been feeling so frustrated and I've been praying and praying but nothing has worked out so I'm thinking the right thing just hasn't come along yet. So I have been finding ways to fill my time. Cleaning the house, making sure we always have clean laundry :'D making dinner, going to the library. But it hasn't quite been enough!!! So yesterday I bought a community garden plot. It's pretty decently sized and I love it so much. I spent 4 hours weeding it yesterday.
It was full of thistles. All that green stuff? Thistles! I rode my bike to walmart and loaded up my basket with plants and then came back and go to work.
I planted 5 tomato plants, 3 peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, beans, zinnias and Lettuce. I'm very very excited about. I also stopped and agreed to let one of the city council women take a picture of me after I planted.
![]() |
| It's actually bigger than it looks here. In the back the beans, zinnias, and lettuce are in three long rows. It about 15-20 feet long. |
Everyone in Rexburg is busy getting ready for the eclipse in August. They're telling everyone to make sure they have food an water because they're expecting the population to quadruple for a week. So they are trying to make the city as beautiful as possible. Apparently this is one of the best spots in the country to see it. I go brave and sent the City Council women an email asking if they needed any other help! Hopefully I hear back from her. So today I planned to go work out in my garden more but I am really sun-burned so I'm hiding indoors all day. This happens every year at the beginning of the year. I think, I won't get burned just a little tan... then I'm fried and regret everything and make an oath to wear sunscreen for the rest of the year which I will. I was wearing my giant sun hat all day so my face neck and shoulders were in perfect shape! I was also wearing gardening gloves which protected my hands. (thistles remember?) So from my wrists to my biceps I'm fried.... good thing I was wearing long pants!!!! Anywho today, not going outside so I biked to the library and was busy sitting there feeling sorry for myself when I had an idea! There is a family history lab right behind the tabernacle next to the library. Now the best cure for feeling sorry for yourself is thinking about someone else so I dragged myself over there and awkwardly walked in and was like um... could you help me find some names to take to the temple? Now their were about 5 old people in there and I felt a little out of place but they were so helpful! I was able to find 17 names that need some kind of work done!!! I'm excited to send them to you guys!! Anyways... thats what I'm up to. I hope you're all doing well and I love you!



wait, Eclipse? why are people making the city beautiful? I think I missed something, what's going on?
ReplyDeletethere is going to be a solar eclipse and Rexburg is like the best place to view it from. August 21
ReplyDeleteWe were actually thinking about coming to visit for the eclipse. I guess everyone else has been too! Can we come visit in August too?
ReplyDelete