Tuesday, October 18, 2016

October Joy!

Hello family! I hope you're all doing well. It's been awhile since I wrote on the blog. I wanted to put a couple pictures up though they're more informative than words. First of all, I made a Joy wall. In my apartment it's been kinda the struggle bus. Britta's brother Nathan passed away so she has been struggling, my roommate Sarah was at her grandmas funeral last weekend, Amy just found out her grandpa has a  brain tumor and has weeks to live and I and I know most all of us in our house have been drowning in stress. I'm taking 17 credits, it's Brittas and my last semester, Amy is the relief society president, I'm trying to plan a wedding and seriously, the list goes on. Well, I love all my roommates very much and I was trying to think what I could do. On Sunday in relief society we had a lesson on faith. I realized that often our faith grows the most when we are having a really hard time. But then I was thinking about Russel M Nelsons talk at general conference. Because of the Savior we can be happy and have true joy not matter what our circumstances. So I made a joy wall. I went to porters and got the letters, and I put these quotes up:





I also included little pieces of papers so we can write quotes, or thoughts that bring us joy. I love it and so do all my roommates. And, speaking of which, the thing I just put up there today was teaching children to love music. Today I had the unique opportunity to go teach music to Amys preschool class. I went in there and introduced myself as miss Mia and I sang a little opera for them. Than I taught them a couple songs and it was sooooooo fun! I'm taking an elementary music class this semester, learning the Kodaly method and I adore it. I'm pretty sure I've found my calling in life.
I wore my music note skirt for the occasion!

In other news, I picked up some craft paper today in the colors I'm thinking for my wedding reception. If any of you have ideas for what to put everyone in I would be happy to hear it! I'm thinking of asking the girls to find dresses in these colors. Thoughts? And BTW I'm not afraid of print. (Obviously, who do you think I am!?)



Okay and one other thing, I am sending you all the link to our engagement pictures if you wanna look! Let me know which ones you like the best!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0M5oqs3qd4KvX


(This one is just for the crazy factor!)

Love you all!!


1 comment: