Hello Family!
Here is a peek at the last few days of fall at home.
We had a ridiculous bumper crop of apples this year.
We pretty much ate them breakfast, lunch, and dinner
for weeks, and still picked three 5 gallon buckets.
And then we shared with three other families!
A little cozy for the porch.
Luna loved to lay here.
Your handsome apple picking brother with
a serious case of I-don't-care bedhead.
Look close and you can see the
morning glories tangled in the tree.
Sam had a day off for the end of the quarter.
He graciously accompanied me to (where else?) the
Ney Nature center. I didn't get to come the whole summer
and it is one of my favorite places to walk.
Scummy, yet lovely.
There was no current at all, so there was no Pooh Sticks.
Exuberant as always.
Mom and Sam selfie.
What did people used to do?
I love this picture of Sam.
I especially dig that little flip of hair.
The Mom in a silly, rakish, too small hat.
The hats in our house were all hiding that day.
It's a good thing we went when we did,
because winter ensued soon after.
Love you like crazy!
Love,
Mom
The summer-flower has run to seed
And yellow is the woodland bough;
And every leaf of bush and weed
Is tipt with autumn's pencil now.
-John Clare
No comments:
Post a Comment