This is a story about long grass. Sort of. It starts out like this:
Yes, this is our backyard. It is about a foot tall in some places. We haven't mowed in weeks? Months? I don't know. Every time we went over the landlord's house to borrow his mower, he wasn't home, and there were very few times that we actually had the opportunity to mow. I will spare you the excuses, but suffice it to say, we were getting pretty desperate. Finally, this morning, I told Evan, "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO, JUST FIND A WAY TO CUT THE GRASS!" Then I showered and painted, because I was about to explode. Gabe and I haven't been able to go outside and play, and I haven't been able to work in my garden, and it looks horrible. Also, I hadn't gotten much sleep that night, (Gabe decided to wake up right after I laid down) and woke up with Gabe at 6:30 in the morning. I was not a happy camper.
So...
He went out and bought the cheapest mower he could find.
Yeah, maybe not the smartest purchase, but like I said, I was desperate, so I agreed.
It took him forever to assemble it, and then he had to go get gas, and by that time, he had to go to work.
So...
Our lawn now looks like this:
Yes, I know.
This is where things started to turn around. There are major perks to buying a lawnmower. Most importantly,
The Box.
Yes. It was a big box too. :)
Remember last week how we made the Huggies box into a car and attached a steering wheel? Here's a picture for anyone who didn't get to see it.
Cruising around in this awesomeness gave us a whole ten minutes of entertainment. If you've ever hung out with a baby for a long time, you'll know that that's saying a lot.
Today, with the purchase of the lawnmower, Gabe received his very own, brand new cardboard box house!
Isn't it gorgeous? Let me take you on the tour.
That's it.
I was the official decorator. Gabe just brought his toothbrush. Seriously though, he was carrying his toothbrush around when he went inside. :)
Here's a nice window view.
I tried to get a picture with both of us, but it wasn't working very well.
I tried again,
and again,
and again,
and again,
and again,
and again,
and again
and then I gave up.
It was time to move on to other things. His attention span isn't very long, after all.
And he drove off into the... sunset?
Umm, the living room.
Bye-bye!
And, just because I can, I want to show off my new project. I started it a while ago, but I worked really hard on it this weekend, and finished today!
Love you all,
Emma






That's a great looking house! And car. He must be a fairly wealthy baby....I love this post. Love the humour and the pictures of adorable Gabe and my beautiful Emma. And your tree turned out Fab! I love that you already hung it. You will always be able to have art in your house. Lucky!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
p.s. Did the grass ever get cut with that new mower?
Nope. For some reason, we haven't been able to get it started. I don't know what's wrong.
ReplyDeleteOil? Also, remember to prime it. There a smooshy little button somewhere that you push and release slowly three times, then squeeze the handle, then pull the starter. It should go.
ReplyDeleteI haven't looked at this in a long time. I love all the pictures of Gabe and your tree is awesome! It's super cool
ReplyDelete