Beg pardon for cutting off Dad's head. I just wanted you to see what
was left of our awesome supper.
I have been reading about making pizza on the grill and tonight was the night
to try it. We used tomatoes and peppers from the garden. So good! I wish that I had
documented the whole process, but we were all too excited to get to the
eating part. So here's what we did: I made the regular pizza crusr recipe. Then, after it
raised, I patted it out into thin discs on waxed paper.
While I did that Mandy chopped veggies. Then I preheated the grill and
brushed it with olive oil. I put two crusts on at a time.
I just left them until they were yummy and brown on one side.
I took them off the grill and put sauce and the other toppings on the cooked side.
Back to the grill they went.
We also made a dessert pizza with Nutella and sliced bananas.
Holy Hannah was that delicious!
Sam and Mandy took the opportunity for a little water balloon/cucumber ball.
This is Sam's sad face because he just ran out of water balloons.
Mia is away at AllState Choir Camp this week.
The impatiens are the only plant truly happy this summer.
It has been such a weird weather year.
It was really tragic today: I had to throw away two ice cream buckets full of
green beans. They were weird and rubbery and had no meat inside. I was
really bummed. That's a lot of green beans to waste. And before you ask, no,
they were not too big. They were all like that, big and small.
At least my Zinnias are blooming. I have been having cut flowers inside,
and lots of butterflies out. Wonderful. I love to bring Summer inside.
Love Bachelor Buttons. That blue!
I just want to absorb as much summer as possible before fall comes.
I'm still not completely over last winter. I feel certain I'm not the only one...
Look at my cabbages coming. They are sure trying valiantly.
Also, I have more in another spot. But this one looked the least slug-eaten.
Promise me that you will ignore those pesky weeds, okay?
And cucumber bounty.
We are having refrigerator pickles and all the cukes we can eat on
sandwiches and with dip. Again, I say yum!
Anyway, happy summer y'all. Get out and enjoy it. It just feels good!
Miss you, love you, wish you were here...
Mom
That sounds wonderful, and delicious. I wish I was there. Everything looks so green! Also, I am confused by the blue van. What happened to the red one?
ReplyDelete